Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Baptism

It was a very busy weekend.  Not only was it the standard Easter chaos, but it was also my daughter's baptism. 

The menu for the baptism party at church was extensive.  I went a little over board, as usual.  But I wanted to make this day as special as possible.

Wacky cake with butter cream frosting
Shortbread Cookies with butter cream frosting
Chocolate covered strawberries
Cream Puffs
Deviled eggs
salami and cream cheese wrapped green onions
salami with cream cheese
meat tray
cheese tray
crackers
crab dip
tempinade
(this two were made by my mother in law, thankfully)

And I am positive I am missing something.

I spent all day in the kitchen on Saturday, but it was worth it!  Anything for my little girls big day! I do not have a picture of my table, someone at church took a picture and will be sending it to me.  So I will post it as soon as I get it.  Basically, we catered and decorated for over a hundred people.  If I were smarter, I would have starter earlier than Saturday.  But I was not, and it worked out fine!

What I wanted to show you today are the pictures from the baptism.  So bear with me as I am going to be the proud mama.

 We will first start with Middle Bit.  He was an acolyte for the service.  He absolutely loves this job.  I think it is cute because when he lights the candles, you can barely see his head.
 Our priest called all children to the front to explain baptism an why it is important on Easter.  Little Bit stood bravely at the front.  Please notice the dress!  My mother made this beautiful white dress for Little Bit.  It was absolutely the most beautiful dress, and Little Bit was gorgeous.
 We are standing next to Little Bit, with the Godparents and all the kids in the service.




The Baptism and the oil.  I love the last picture!

Finally, the priest gave all the children rosemary sprigs, and had them dip them in holy water.  Then, the kids baptized the congregation by flinging water on everyone!  Needless to say, we were all pretty drenched!




Little Bit was so excited about this day.  When asked what made her most excited she exclaimed, "I got to wear my new dress!"

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter!
Love,
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment