Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let's Play Cach Up

Since it has been a while, I thought I would post some pics to catch you up on our lives.

Here we go.





Easter was a busy time with the Baptism and making all the food.  But we did have time to decorate eggs!  First my kids used crayons, then stuck them in the dye.  I used food coloring for the dye by the way.  Way easier and less expensive.  I have seen some of the most beautifully decorated eggs on blogs and pinterest, but I must admit, I prefer these eggs.  Truly, creative.

Our Little Bit was baptized, which was such a joyful time. 


Oldest Bit did some extensive research on creating dioramas.  He created this one with napkins, modge podge, paint, Brillo pads and who knows what else.  He made this into a scene from WWII.  Creative?  I think so.


We learned about static electricity.  I used to teach this unit in middle school, and always had fun watching the students work with balloons!  I thought I would try it with my kids, and I was entertained!



We made a collage about who we are.  Middle Bits made me laugh.  He filled both sides!  One side has a cat needed to go to the bathroom and a kangaroo family.  I still do not know what this has to do with who he is!  This boy is just plain imaginative!

Flowers in food coloring!  Great lesson for plant unit, and a great way to prepare for flower dissection!

We got a ton of work done on our patio!




And enjoyed watching our dog Happy chase sparks flying out of the fire.  She was even foaming at the mouth for them!  Strangest thing I ever saw!

Well, that brings us up to date on all of our adventures!

have a great day everyone!
Love,
Suzy

1 comment:

  1. I love the pix! Poppa even came up to take a look. Patio looks great; lots of work done. Now you can enjoy. Oldest Bit, wonderful diarama; I loved making them too. Middle Bit, kangaroo family???? to cute. Little Bit, good picture of you working hard on your eggs. Love Grammy

    ReplyDelete